Little Book Reviews by Little People

Monday 20 May 2013

The 13-Storey Treehouse - reviewed by Tom






The 13-Storey Treehouse 
Written by Andy Griffiths
Illustrated by Terry Denton
Reviewed by Tom (aged 9)
This is a good book because it is easy to read and very funny. It is about two boys called Andy and Terry and their adventures living in a 13 storey treehouse. There is a lot of weird things on each level such as a man eating shark tank and an underground laboratory. There is also a giant catapult and a marshmellow machine that shoots marshmellows into their mouths. In this book they are trying to write a new book but keep getting interrupted. They have to deal with a sea monster, a lot of crazy monkey and a giant ape. 
This book is one of the funniest books I have ever read. I like the way they have many pictures through out the book. The pictures help the reader understanding what is happening in the story. 

I would really recommend this book.

I would rate it 9/10.


Mum's comments
I ordered this book online and when it arrived Tom took the book and read the entire thing in one sitting. This is such a rarity that I didn't complain when he was still up way past bed time. Tom laughed constantly while reading. The next night he asked me to read it to him. The boys love my overly dramatic way of reading a story out loud. This book gave me many opportunities to be silly and use my repertoire of funny voices. (Really I'm not that talented but the kids love it).  The book is way over the top in silliness so it is just perfect for 9yo boys to enjoy. 
We bought a paperback edition that was priced at $9.99. I think it is great value for money and can see the boys reading the book again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment